What's on Stratford Festival of Motoring 2019
There's so much going on at Stratford Festival of Motoring. Read on for a taster.
- View the huge town centre display of over 300 cars - an eclectic mix of classic to super and quirky to slick. Cars will be displayed around the historic streets of Stratford on Wood Street, Bell Court, Rother Market, Meer Street, Henley Street, Union Street, Bridge Street, Waterside, Sheep Street & High Street. (All named streets will be closed to general traffic.)
- Welcome the Festival cars as they arrive into festival via Wood Street. From around 930 am until midday, after their runs around the local countryside. Wave them through the Finishing Arch.
- Mini's 60th Anniversary is the featured theme and all minis will be parked together. Enjoy Minis of every variety brought by members of the public.
- Dress the age of your Car - cars with owners dressed in keeping, whether its Del Boy and his van, a Trebandt and Berlin Security Guard, or Ford Cortina and 1970s flair disco divas.
- Local museums supporting the theme will be present:
- British Motor Museum has some real treats in store - a world-famous Montecarlo Mini is in the mix!
- Family Area at Rother Market; take a turn on the go-karts, a bounce on the bouncy castle; or Stratford Sea Cadet's engineering pod & more. Check out emergency vehicles including a fire engine - it will be on duty so you could witness it dashing off blue lights ablaze!
- Escape Arts will entertain your children as they will get creative with a theme of 'emergency services'. 1:30 - 4: 30 pm at The Old Slaughterhouse in The Yard off Sheep Street. (Free to take part. Donations welcome).
- MAD Museum to receive a 20% discount during the festival. Nearer the time we will let you know the magic word to receive the discount! The MAD Museum is a fantastically quirky attraction with interactive mechanical art– loved by kids and adults alike. (Not in conjunction with other discounts such as a family ticket as this is already discounted.)
- Non-motor related: Shakespeare Birthplace Properties, Stratford Butterfly Farm, Escape Live, Magic Alley
Festival Food and Drink
- The Townhouse - Festival specials - Church Street
- The One Elm - Festival specials - Guild Street - special motor themed burgers on Saturday and Sunday. 2 for 1 on main meals on Monday
- Hundreds of cafes, restaurants and pubs in town
- Whitewall Galleries, Sheep Street – an array of automotive-inspired artwork - join them for a glass of fizz.
- Pop Bang Colour - watch the creation of an automotive masterpiece using remote control cars... it's got to be seen to be believed!
- Aston Martin's Artist in Residence, Reverand Adam Gompertz, will be sketching around the town and happy to share a tip or two.
- Bridge Street - bring your dancing shoes!
- Bell Court – soak up local musicians performing from 10 am to 4 pm
The BIG Screen
- Stratford upon Avon Picturehouse - Watch 'Mad Max' on Sunday 5th May from 20:45 pm. A stunning post-apocalyptic action thriller with Mel Gibson. (Original)
- Everyman Cinema in Bell Court. Watch the classic 'Cannonball Run' on Sunday 5th May from 5 pm. Eccentric competitors take a wild & illegal cross-country road race, and low-down, dirty tricks abound!
- Trophy Presentation on Sunday at 2 pm with Festival Patron Quentin Willson outside WH Smith on Bridge Street
All details are subject to confirmation.