What's on at Stratford Festival of Motoring 2018
There's tons to do at Stratford Festival of Motoring, which is free for spectators. See below for a taster.
- Welcome the Festival cars as they arrive on Wood Street, around 930am until midday, after their runs around the local countryside. Wave them through the Wood Street Finishing Arch.
- The Italian Job, the classic comedy caper, is the featured theme for Wood Street. Enjoy the Mini Coopers, Italian cars & style brought by members of the public.
- The British Motor Museum has some real treats in store, as has The Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust - on Wood Street.
- Around the rest of town will be a huge display of about 300 cars -an eclectic mix of classic to super and quirky to slick. Cars will be displayed on Wood Street, Bell Court, Rother Market, Meer Street, Henley Street, Union Street, Bridge Street, Waterside, Sheep Street & High Street. All named streets will be closed to general traffic.
- Watch interesting footage for free at Audrey the Vintage Mobile Cinema on Bridge Street. “THE MOST AMAZING CINEMA BUS IN THE WORLD.” George Clarke, Amazing Spaces. Two films will be shown; one of Stratford and Shakespeare; and the other on Mini Coopers.
- Go to the Family Area at Rother Market for a turn on the go-karts, bouncy castle or Stratford Sea Cadet's engineering pod & more. Enjoy emergency vehicles including a fire engine - it will be on duty so you could witness it dashing off blue lights ablaze!
- Join in the Wacky Races at Escape Arts. Relax while your children create a car from recycled materials, ready for the wacky races. 1-4pm at The Old Slaughterhouse Heritage & Arts Centre (Free to take part. Donations welcome). The Yard, off Sheep Street.
- You may see the Reverand Adam Gompertz sketching around the town. He is a former car designer now curate who loves cars, sketching and Jesus.
Visit the MAD Museum receive a 10% discount. Just mention the ‘Festival of Motoring’ as you request your tickets. The MAD Museum is a fantastically quirky attraction with interactive mechanical art– loved by kids and adults alike! Valid over the bank holiday weekend 30 April and 1 May. (Not in conjunction with other discounts such as a family ticket as this is already discounted.)
- Specsavers Photo Competition: Snap and share for your chance to win high street vouchers and designer frames! Capture your favourite festival moments and share on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using #SpecsaversSUA for a chance to win £50 High Street vouchers for the best in the under 16 category and £200 towards designer glasses plus £30 High Street vouchers for 16s & over.
- Try the Festival Special offers on the Italian Cured Charcuterie Board & Prosecco at The Townhouse.
- Castle Fine Art, based at 40 Wood Street, will be joining in the festivities by displaying motor-themed original paintings by the contemporary artist, Robert Oxley.
- Live Music at Bell Court – soak up local musicians performing from 10 am to 4 pm
- Automotive Arts Exhibition at Whitewall Galleries, Sheep Street – enjoy their marvellous array of automotive-inspired artworks and join them for a glass of fizz or two.
- The Italian Job Menu at The One Elm – try their Festival special on Guild Street
- Live music with The Rockin’ Dinosaurs – back by popular demand - performing on Bridge Street near WH Smith.
- Trophy Presentation on Sunday at 2 pm with Festival Patron Quentin Willson. Bridge Street, outside WH Smith
The BIG Screen
Saturday at midday, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at Stratford Picturehouse Bookings now open for this much-loved family classic the British musical adventure fantasy film .
Sunday at 5pm, The Italian Job at Everyman Cinema in Bell Court. Enjoy this Comic caper movie about a plan to steal a gold shipment from the streets of Turin by creating a traffic jam.