What's on at Stratford Festival of Motoring 2017
There's tons to do at Stratford Festival of Motoring, which is free for spectators. See below for a taster.
- NEW! Take the children to join in the fun at the Wacky Races at Escape Arts and create your own car from recycled materials ready for the wacky races. 1-4pm at The Slaughter House off Sheep Street. See below for more info.
- Jaguar is the featured marque or theme this year. Wood Street will be full of Jaguars brought by members of the public and by Coventry Transport Museum and the British Motor Museum. There are now so many Jags booked in that they will overflow onto High Street.
- Around the rest of town will be a huge display of cars from old to new. (Wood Street, Henley Street, Bridge Street, Sheep Street, High Street and Union Street are all closed to general traffic.)
- Watch some interesting footage of both Stratford and Jaguars at the free vintage mobile cinema on Wood Street. Sponsored by The Open Road.
- See talented local automotive artist Ian Cook of Pop Bang Colour who will be performing on the Bancroft Gardens creating a dramatic piece of art on Sunday, and displaying on Monday.
- The family area will be at Rother Market as usual. Entertain the kids on the go karts, bouncy castle or free remote control jaguars by Jaguar Land Rover. Take part in the Stratford college interactive display, and enjoy emergency vehicles including a fire engine.
- Learn from the Stratford College demonstrations including changing a wheel and basic car maintenance techniques - on Rother Market.
At the top of Sheep Street have a go on the Festival Raffle for The Shakespeare Hospice run by solicitors Robert Lunn and Lowth.
You may see the Reverand Adam Gompertz sketching around the town. He is a former car designer now curate who loves cars, sketching and Jesus.
Visit the MAD Museum & get 20% discount*. Just mention the ‘Festival of Motoring’ as you request your tickets. The MAD Museum is a fantastically quirky attraction with interactive mechanical art– loved by kids and adults alike! Valid over the bank holiday weekend 30 April and 1 May. (*Not in conjunction with other discounts such as a family ticket as this is already discounted.)
- Take part in The Great Stratford Motor Festival Treasure Hunt around town - using a special 'key' unlock clues across town to win spectacular prizes. It is organised by Henley Street’s Magic Alley where you can collect an entry form.
- Wheres Will? is a new competition for 2017. The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust have a waxwork model of William Shakespeare and on Sunday the competition is to spot Will in different display cars at the festival between 10am and 4pm. Entry forms will be handed out around town or download one here. You could win a year's pass to the five Shakespeare houses.
- As Monday 1st May is May Day, the Morris Men will hold their annual greeting of summer in Stratford between 530am and midday. They will mainly performing on the Bancroft Gardens.