Christmas Upon Avon Photography Competition
Get creative and capture Stratford this Christmas.
Competition Theme: Stratford is Christmas Upon Avon! Stratford is such a beautiful town and at Christmas it really sparkles. Can you capture this?
There are two categories to enter:
- Instagram - post your images on Instagram and tag #ChristmasUponAvon and #Stratford
- High Resolution - email your image to email@example.com with a completed entry form
- Studio Stratford Photography Training Day - this is an exclusive, one off service for the winner of this competition and will be designed to suit the winner's knowledge,
- 20" by 30" Photozone canvas print of your choice worth £69.99,
- Bose soundlink mini bluetooth speaker (Retail price £159) from Currys Digital
- a trophy!
The competion will be judged by Mark Willamson of the Herald newspaper, Photozone of Red Lion Court and Currys Digital of High Street. Mark said, "We'll be looking for imaginative angles, strong composition and images that encapsulate whats unique about Stratford at Christmas."
Deadline: midday on 19th December 2014
Can you capture what makes Stratford so special? We'd love to see your entries. Tell friends and family too!
Credit: You will be credited if your images are used to help promote Stratford at Christmas next year.
Click to download the entry form
Terms and Conditions apply
By taking part in the Christmas Upon Avon Photography Competition, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
1. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. Stratforward Ltd reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if Stratforward BID Ltd has reason to believe that an entrant has breached any of the foregoing rules and conditions.
2. All high resolution photographs must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed entry form. (300dpi please.) To make an Instagram entry, post an image on Instagram with the tags #Stratford and #ChristmasUponAvon. Uploading a photo and adding the hashtags shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Each entrant may submit up to three images and accompanying text in both the High Resolution category and Instagram. Entries will be retained by Stratforward.
4. Competition prizes are on www.Christmasuponavon.co.uk . Stratforward BID Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. The closing date is midday on Friday 19th December 2014.
6. The competition is open to amateur or student photographers.
7. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
8. Although this competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, persons may not enter if they are resident in a country or area of jurisdiction where the competition is in breach of applicable law or regulation.
9. Stratforward Ltd reserves the right to cancel or change this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
10. Employees of Stratforward BID Ltd, their immediate families or anyone else associated with the competition are not eligible to enter.
11. In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the submission the judges shall have the final and binding decision and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs and text entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking or submitting their photographs.
13. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
14. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs and text that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant Stratforward BID Ltd and its licensees the worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual right to store, use, copy, display, publish, transmit, edit, modify, reformat and exhibit all or any part of their photographs and text within Stratforward & websites, publications and all other forms of media (electronic or otherwise). No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
15. Stratforward is not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, defaced, corrupt, lost or delayed entries, network, internet connection, computer hardware or software failures or errors of any kind. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Stratforward regrets that it is unable to accept postal entries.
16. Winners will be announced on www.Stratforward.com and www.Christmasuponavon.co.uk and informed by phone and email by January 6th. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be given. If the winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made Stratforward BID Ltd reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner-up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
17. The real name and town of residence of entrants may be published in relation to the applicable competition. Entrants who are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post competition publicity.