Welcome to Stratford-upon-Avon Feasts - a celebration of Stratford's fantastic food and drink scene!
Food lovers are in for a mouth-watering treat with a three-week celebration of the town’s fantastic food and drink scene.
As part of Stratford Autumn FEASTS, restaurants, cafes and hotels will be cooking up something special from 2 to 22 October, offering plenty to whet the appetite after a difficult six months for all.
Running every Spring and Autumn, Stratford FEASTS aims to highlight the delicious food the town has to offer by promoting set menus, feasting events, and special offers at a whole host of local eateries. Offers are listed here, but keep coming back as more are being added all the time! Also competitions will run on social media during FEASTS.
Enjoy a real treat at The Arden Hotel which is offering a sumptuous afternoon tea, usually costing £22.95 each, at the jaw dropping price of £25 for two (valid Monday to Friday from 2pm to 4pm. Book in advance and quote FEASTS please.)
Manager Josefine Blomqvist said: “We are delighted to be able offer our afternoon tea at an exceptional value, exclusively for FEASTS. It's wonderful to be back serving the finest quality food again and we are excited to welcome local guests back to our restaurant.”
Family run café The Food of Love on Henley Street is taking part in FEASTS for the first time this year and will be offering a special two course set menu and drink for under £10, as well as some flavoursome competition prizes.
Owner Gavriely Gavriel said: “We’re really looking forward to taking part. It’s a great initiative that will hopefully help to bring more people through our doors to enjoy our delicious homemade Mediterranean food.”
Venues signed up to take part so far follow:
• Bensons on Henley Street – homemade scone with Cornish clotted cream and jam with a pot of loose-leaf tea for £5.00 (available all day every day); a slice of homemade cake with a tea or coffee £5.00 (available all day every day); sandwich + chips + drink, including wine, beer or soft drink for £10.00 (available from 12pm every day)
• Cafe Rouge on Sheep Street - 30% off the main menu and even the set menus!
• Caffé Vineria on Wood Street– free drink at lunchtime with any pizza, including soft drink, half a pint or small wine
• Carluccio’s on Waterside – two course set menu for £12.95 and three course set menu for £14.95
• Crowne Plaza on Bridgeway – three course set menu for £23 with pre-booking and quoting reference ‘Feasts’ (available from 6pm to 10pm daily)
• Diana’s Tea Room at the Stratford Antiques Centre on Ely Street – Tuesdays: Seniors’ Day 20% discount; Wednesdays: BOGOF Cream Teas; Thursdays: £1.00 off sandwiches, toasties & melts; Fridays: BOGOF beverages; Saturdays: £1.00 off slice of bake and beverage
• Esquires Coffee at The Arden Quarter by the train station – Elevenses: hot drink for just £1 with every slice of cake or pastry; lunchtime meal deal: freshly prepared sandwich and hot drink for just £4.99
• Food of Love on Henley Street – two course set menu including drink for just £9.95! Fresh mediterranean food.
• The Fourteas on Sheep Street - afternoon Tea for £12.00 per person, usual price £18.50; afternoon tea with prosecco for £17.00, usual price £23.50. Book in advance and quote FEASTS - valid Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.)
• Giggling Squid on High Street– Free glass of prosecco per person with any lunch set menu or main meal when quoting reference ‘Feasts’ (maximum of 4 guests)
• Hoorays on High Street- October 7th: 2-4-1 savoury waffles (new menu item!); October 14th: ½ price milkshakes; October 21st: Crazy Crepe day. 50% off crepes: Halloween starts on the 16th October, the shop will be decorated do try the 12 spooky flavours… if you dare!
• Honey Blue at Shrieves Walk off Sheep Street - 25% off all drinks when quoting reference ‘Stratford Feasts’
• Loxleys on Sheep Street - Early diners two course set price menu for £16.95 and three course set price menu for £20.95 (12noon to 6.30pm)
• Mor Bakery at Bell Court – Special feast event on Wednesday 7 October!
• Sorrento on Ely Street– Two course set menu for £19.90 (Tuesday to Saturday 11.30am to 1.15pm and 5pm to 6.30pm)
• The Arden Hotel on Waterside– afternoon tea for £25 for two people, usual price £22.95 each (Monday to Friday 2pm to 4pm). Book in advance and quote FEASTS.
• Vin Neuf on Union Street– virtual wine tasting event on Friday 16, showcasing the Bodegas Ontañón which is a 5th generation family-owned and run winery in Rioja Baja. Special prices on all Riojas throughout October including Bodegas Ontanon Rioja Reserva 2010 reduced to only £12.95, usual price £15.95
• Zizzi on Sheep Street– free glass of prosecco for anyone mentioning feasts and a two course set lunch for £9.75 (offer available Monday to Friday from 11.30am to 7pm
And if that wasn’t enough food for thought, there’s also a chance to win some tasty competition prizes, including an indulgent overnight stay for two at the fabulous Crowne Plaza Hotel including breakfast and car parking, stay in one of their executive double bedrooms overlooking the River Avon and town centre, take time to relax in the indoor heated pool and then start your day the right way with a full buffet breakfast served in the Riverside Restaurant.
Sales Manager, Clare Galvin said: “We’re delighted to be taking part in FEASTS. It’s such a great initiative that will help to bring more people into our glorious Riverside Terrace Bar and Restaurant to enjoy our delicious food and sample our wonderful hospitality.”
Other prizes include:
• Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two Gift Voucher at Bensons
• Two free cinema tickets and a pair of Spielburgers and fries at Everyman Cinema
• £30 voucher at Giggling Squid
• Meal for two to the value to £60 including drinks at Zizzi
• Cream tea for two at Diana’s Tea Room at the Antiques Arcade
• 10 x tickets for coffee for two at Honey Blue
• 2 x full English breakfast, 2 x sweet crepes, 2 x luxury salads of your choice at The Food of Love
Tor Wilkes, Marketing and Events Manager of Stratforward BID which organises Stratford FEASTS said: “Following the success of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, Stratford FEASTS is another excellent reason to eat out and support local businesses. It is the perfect excuse to escape the house, relax and celebrate Stratford’s fantastic food and drink scene.
“To get the word out we will be promoting FEASTS in print, on social media and digitally – come and enjoy! More offers will be added throughout FEASTS so please follow us on Facebook and Instagram and check out our website for a complete list of what’s on offer.”
Any questions? Email us on email@example.com