So Stratford’s event calendar isn’t quite as full as usual, and going to the tip seems to feature in ‘things to do in Stratford’?! However, we are fortunate that there is a celebration of Stratford’s fantastic food and drink scene running until October 22nd. Many tempting offers are being run to keep us eating out to help out! Check out www.stratfordfeasts.co.uk for a list of what’s on.
Some appetising free competitions are running with delicious prizes. On Facebook as before, but as popularly demanded, they are now running on Instagram and Twitter too – and each with different prizes.
How’s FEASTS going?
The Arden’s outstanding offer of sumptuous afternoon tea for two guests for a mere £25, reduced from £22.95 per person, is going down a treat.… Sai Nathan Chef Operations Manager “ we are pleased so many bookings are coming in through Feasts, we’ve seen great publicity in the Herald and on line. Even previous members of staff are booking!
New offers are coming in from local independents including …
- Thai Kitchen Stratford – Shrieves walk – special lunch offers of £7.50 for main course with rice, and if that wasn’t enough in the evenings Tuesday and Thursday they are offering 20% off food!
- The Refill Box – Shrieves Walk, offer a generous 15% off for plastic free shopping if you quote FEASTS. They only opened during lockdown!
- Bardia’s – artisan coffee shop on High Street, who now has installed some outdoor coffee pods for customers to keep warm and dry, have introduced brilliant breakfast and lunch offers which are going down a treat!
- Mor Bakery ran their very first evening feast night where a three-course Middle Eastern feast was devoured. (Wednesday 8th October. ) Delicious sounding dishes included the carrot, dill & halloumi fritters with baba ganoush & tzatziki dips and then the harissa spiced lamb.
- Halloween at Hoorays starts on 16th October and they have launched warming savoury waffles.
- If a Rioja warms your cockles then our best wine merchant, Vin Neuf, has some specials for you. FEASTS kicked off with their virtual wine tasting on Friday via Instagram live. Their friendly shop is crammed with Riojas and they are offering 10% off and if you buy 6 bottles, you get a jut bag and bottle opener for free!
Now is a great time to discover new places to eat in Stratford. We are getting used to wearing masks in restaurants and pubs and FEASTS is a great reason to try somewhere new. Experiment and find your new best eats and haunts! Stratford is increasingly known as the place to eat out.