Friday Updates - And we are on the up!
Shops, indoor hospitality, indoor leisure and personal care will begin to open from Monday! YES!
And YES this will be the last Friday without the pub!
Most of these businesses in Stratford will be open on Monday and welcoming you back with open arms. For a list of opening dates click here.
Many cafes and restaurants are offering food and drinks in an outdoor setting from Monday and plan to re-open fully from 17 May when indoor activities are once more allowed. Many cafes will create a picnic hamper if you'd like an amazing picnic with fresh local ingredients.
Many measures are still in place to help you feel safe. This includes the widening of pavement on Bridge Sstreet and the reintroduced, timed closure of High Street, which has created space for queuing and walking at leisure whilst maintaining social distancing. No one way traffic scheme this time though.
Shops are limiting the people allowed inside, protective screens are still in place on counters, hand sanitisers and floor markers are all still in place. Businesses have taken great care to create a safe place for you to shop.
The historic markets are also back, trading on Fridays and Saturdays on Rother Market, and on Sundays on Waterside.
The Arts are Restarting
The RSC introduce Art Warming on Bancroft Gardens 10th - 24th April and in the Kindness Shop in Bell Court 12th - 24th April.
Join the RSC as they collect stories of kindness and generosity with our local community. They want to remember all the little things that have seen us through a difficult year, and to turn this into a joyful artistic celebration in Stratford town centre. So go and visit artist Saadia Hipkiss, who will transform your message of hope and love into beautifully painted rocks to feature in the RSC Kindness Shop in Bell Court.
RSC Tickets for the Christmas production of The Magician's Elephant are also now on sale.
Stratford Playhouse have live performances restarting including Chicken Licken & His Friends 13th to 18th April. This is a live, interactive show with puppets, music and lots of laughter. AT the Play House Courtyard - limited capacity and socially distanced. Running time 20 mins approx
We will update you on other live events in Stratford as we get the details.
New parking charges are now in place and the Bridgefoot car park is cashless.
As ever you get one free hour of free parking at the Bridgefoot car park - spread the word!
Keep in the know!
Do keep in touch with us by following us on Instagram and Facebook. This is where you will find our most recent information and photos of Stratford.
#supportstratford #shopstratford #lovestratforduponavon #lovelocal @stratforward
Official Covid Advice
From April 12th, Step 2 of the Government's roadmap will begin.
• Non-essential shops will open, including hairdressers and nail salons, libraries and community centres, zoos and theme parks, drive-in cinemas, campsites and holiday cottages.
• Indoor gyms will open, but you have to go on your own or with people in your household.
• Restaurants, cafés and pubs will be able to serve people sitting at a table outside. You should keep to your household group or bubble.
• You can have up to 30 people at a funeral and up to 15 people at a wedding, or an event to remember someone.
• The ‘rule of 6’ or two households remains and you must continue to meet outside.
• You should still keep 2 metres away from people.
Stay safe - car sharing
You must not share a car with someone outside your household or bubble unless it is essential. If you do car share remember to follow the latest guidance and:
• Keep windows open for ventilation
• Maximise distance between people in the car
• Wear a face covering
• Clean the car between journeys
• It is advised that you get tested twice a week
• If you’re working or spending time with people outside your household, book a regular community test here www.warwickshire.gov.uk/covidtesting
• Testing gives you peace of mind and protects vulnerable relatives, and means you don't unwittingly pass on the virus to the staff of the businesses you visit.
To get your regular rapid tests, visit gov.uk/coronavirus
Stay safe and we all look forward to the next major step out of lockdown on May 17th!
Photo from The RSC