Summary of Temporary Road Layout Changes in Response To COVID-19:
Stratford-upon-Avon Updated 7 August 2020
The scheme in Stratford-upon-Avon is due to be revised from week commencing Monday 10th August. The key measures of the revised scheme will be:
• High Street – Full closure between 11am and 6pm
• Bridge Street – Some barriers in place to create space for social distancing.
• 20mph speed limit
The works will be carried out in two phases:
• Alterations to Bridge Street, Wood Street and Greenhill Street is planned to be carried out between 6pm and 10pm, starting on 10th August and completing on 11th August
• Beginning 17th August it is intended to implement changes on Sheep Street, High Street, Chapel Street and Church Street, subject to the proposed Traffic Order being agreed.
The changes from the previous scheme are as follows:
• Sheep Street, Chapel Street, Wood Street, Greenhill Street – Temporary scheme measures removed. Permanent signs and markings reinstated. Temporary bus stop to remain on Wood Street.
• Union Street - Temporary scheme to stay, with the addition of two parking spaces (1hr), at the Guild Street end of the taxi rank.
• High Street - Full closure from its junction with Bridge Street to its junction with Sheep Street, from 11am until 6pm seven days a week, with no deliveries permitted during this closure. Outside of these hours to be 2-way traffic and previous parking restrictions.
• Bridge Street - 2-way traffic reinstated, removal of temporary central barrier, provide barriers from the golden post boxes to just past M&S to provide additional space for social distancing, echelon parking (1hr, no return 2hrs) and one bus stop to be provided between L'Occitaine shop to the old BHS. Temporary barriers to remain on the Boots side with an informal crossing point near Sainsbury's.
• Gyratory - all cones to be removed.
• The right turn restriction from Alcester Road onto Grove Road which was temporarily rescinded as part of the previous scheme will be reinstated.